He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Yesterday evening K was having trouble walking and we went to the emergency room. The emergency room doctor sent K for xrays and determined that several tumors on his spine were compressing the discs. K has been referred for an MRI which is not scheduled until november 7th. Our friend that helped me get my surgery quicker, is calling around to see if he can help K get an MRI this month.

We have been able to borrow a walker that K is able to use for now in the house. And a wheel chair to use when we leave the house. The strength is his legs is fading fast. Naturally K is depressed; but is thinking this too can be fixed.

He became so upset and stressed he had an asthma attack. We were able to get that under control. I am very concerned; I can't get him to eat and he doesn't want liquids either. A couple of bites of anything fills him up.

I can't decide if I should quit work now or keep my job a little longer. K doesn't want be to quit; he said there is no need for me to stay home with him and we need to keep getting my pay check. I know he needs to believe that he will get strong again and me going to work every day like usual helps him hang on to that belief.

My heart is heavy.

************************

Come and hear all ye that fear God, and I will declare what he hath done for my soul. I cried unto him with my mouth, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me; But verily God hath heard me; he hath attended to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.
Psalm 66:16-20

2 Comments:

At 5:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and K!

 
At 5:32 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Mrs. P.
I know what you are going through. Three years ago this month my husband was diagnosed with cancer. He was dead in 3 months. It's hard to know what to do. Spend as much time with him as you can, but take care of yourself as well. We are the ones left to go on, but you won't be alone, God will be with you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home