He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, December 14, 2007

I only cried one day this week. I had worried that it would be more; but I knew I had to be strong so I could go to work. Thank you God for comforting me. It is hard to believe a year has gone by since my husband died. He is still so close to me and constantly in my thoughts. I thought I saw him at the gas station where I stopped to buy gas. The man looked so much like him, he could have been a twin and he was standing by a black truck like K's and was actually wearing a jacket like K wore. My heart flip flopped a few times while I reminded myself it couldn't possibly be him.

I have been getting scared more than usual at night ever since I found out that someone has been siphoning gas from my car. It seems I hear more noises. I guess I am listening more than I did before. I tried leaving the radio on but then I thought about not being able to hear a noise that I might need to hear. I know that sounds goofy but that's me; I get silly ideas sometimes.

I am so glad the weekend is here again. Finally a little peace and quiet and especially no alarm clock ringing in the morning. That is the highlight of my weekends.

****************************

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Then shall ye call upon me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you. And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13

7 Comments:

At 5:33 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

GB knows how you feel. It will be 4 years on the 23rd since her loss. She recently saw someone that looked like him, and dressed as he did. It was hard to just think it's not him, and go on her way. I guess every once in awhile things like that will jar our memory.

I am sorry you are fearful. Could you move in with, or closer to one of your children?

 
At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Mrs. P!

 
At 5:50 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Merry Christmas and a healthy New Year!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Remember, birdies, Mrs. P's birdday is coming up soon!

 
At 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birdday, Mrs. P!!!!

- Mac, Rocket, Jibber, Jabber, the Kukus, Early, and friends!

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Happy Birthday Mrs. P!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home