He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, January 20, 2008

It is so cold. Only in the twenties and by some standards may be considered chilly, but I am freezing. I had hoped the really cold weather was over.

I need to be working on my classroom door decoration for the month of February. Of course I want to do something for Valentine's day. One really cute idea was to do a box of candy and put the children's name on each piece. I love the idea but can't decide how to make the pieces of candy. My mind can't grasp what materials to use. I don't want to go to a lot of expense because I will have to change it after the 14th.

I finished crocheting my niece's poncho but I haven't picked up my crochet hook since december. I have been wanting to do so many things, I can't decide which one to do and I end up doing nothing. I have even been looking at pattern books and browsing through the fabric department. My new interest is doll clothes. We have a lot of naked baby dolls at the daycare.

It is a new feeling for me to actually be wanting to do something; to be thinking about doing anything. Even after my surgery, I never felt like the person I once was. Now I am feeling a little like my old self. It is hard to explain.

Thank you God for loving me and taking care of me.


*******************************


Preserve me, O God: for in thee do I put my trust. O my soul, thou hast said unto the Lord, Thou art my Lord: my goodness extendeth not to thee; But to the saints that are in the earth, and to the excellent, in whom is all my delight. Their sorrows shall be multiplied that hasten after another god: their drink offerings of blood will I not offer, nor take up their names into my lips. The Lord is the portion of mine inheritance and of my cup: thou maintainest my lot. The lines are fallen unto me in pleasant places; yea, I have a goodly heritage. I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fullness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:1-11

2 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Hooray you are making progress starting to feel like yourself again!

 
At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let us know what you do to your door. Can you post a photo? I think you could make the candy pieces out of construction paper. Maybe a light brown (milk chocolate) with dark brown writing? Or what about those little heart candies that have sayings on them? You could make those pastel hearts out of construction paper and write things on them:

Happy Valentine's Day, Emma!
Be my Valentine, John!
You're a cutie, Susie!

Something like that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home