He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, November 02, 2008

It is hard to believe november is here. My mind tells me I just put up what few christmas decorations I had around the house and there are a few snowmen still out. Where have the days gone so fast?

Wednesday and thursday I was home sick. At one wednesday morning, chills and stomach cramps woke me up. I tried to stay under the covers, not wanting to get out of bed. The stomach cramps convinced me to rush to the bathroom and I made it just in time. Thankfully, I had stocked up on the necessities when the first child was sent home from the daycare with vomiting and diarrhea. Thursday evening the fever was gone. I went back to work friday, still moving a little slow.


We had some excitement at work two weeks ago. The fire alarm went off during nap time. It wasn't a drill, of course, I didn't know that until we were outside. I had the awfullest time getting my three and four year olds to wake up and go outside. The alarm didn't wake them up and me hollering fire, fire, get up, didn't get them up. I would stand them on their feet and they would just get back on their beds. I had to pick them up and pack them outside one at a time with out help. Nobody came to make sure I had all my kids safe. I was really upset about this when I found out it was the real deal. I told the director there has to be a better plan made for evacuation during nap time. The fire department came and reset the alarm. They said the monitor stated that it was smoke in the duct work. Something to do with the first time the heating unit is turned on and dust being on the heating coils.

I am loving the colder weather we are having now. I was really excited with my electric bill, it was only $46. Not having to use the central air for heating or cooling is such a big savings. I can put the difference towards christmas. My last two bills were $189 each. This past week the mornings were in the thirties. I have had to use the heaters for a short time. My next electric bill will probably not be as low.


*******************************************

But thou, O Lord, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. I cried unto the Lord with my voice, and he heard me out of his holy hill. Selah. I laid me down and slept; I awaked; for the Lord sustained me.
Psalm 3:3-5

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Hope you are feeling all better now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home