He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, July 25, 2008

Thank goodness the weekend is here. I worked in the creeper room wednesday, thursday and today. It was fun except for the noise level in the infant room. I only had five babies at one time. That is much better than my fourteen 3's and 4's.

My only unenjoyable moments have been with a particular mom. She insulted me yesterday and today. I silently prayed and rested in the Lord each time. Yesterday she was asking if I and a co-worker knew of anyone interested in babysitting. We were talking about it and she said she would pay $10 an hour. I told her several times that I would babysit for her. She left the room without giving me an answer. Then she stuck her head back in the door and told me if she ever got desperate she would get my number and call me. I was so shocked I know my bottom jaw was touching my chest. Today she brought her son during lunch time and sits him at the table. The daycare has what I call a high chair table. It is a semi-circle table with eight inset chairs that have safety harness. My chair sits in the front. I was feeding two of the children sandwiches and the youngest one baby food. She starts hollering I can't believe you are feeding all these kids with one spoon, that is so nasty, I am going to the office to report this. My blood pressure went up, I was so mad. I told her that I was only spoon feeding one child baby food. The other two were feeding themselves a sandwich. I told her that I had enough sense to use separate spoons. She kinda laughed it off but I wasn't laughing.


Tuesday, I survived the bowling field trip. It was fun actually. Half my group didn't want to bowl and I couldn't convince them to try. Of course they couldn't sit still and watch the others so they created a problem. One mother surprised us and showed up at the bowling alley. She was a big help. That was the last field trip and I can relax now.

One of four year old boys started using an inappropriate hand gesture. In other words, when he became angry with me he flipped me off. He had done it several times but I kept telling myself it was my imagination. Come on now, he is only four, has been all of four years for five months. This time I was close enough to see "death rays" coming from his eyes. We were eating lunch and he asked for a third helping of macaroni. There wasn't any more food and I told him I couldn't give him any. He asked for more pudding and again I told him no and picked up his plate. He made a fist, extended the middle finger, stuck it in his mouth, and popped it out towards me. I stopped walking, stuttering, "did you just......" and I couldn't finish the sentence. He repeated the gesture with eyes full of hatred. I set the plate back on the table, grabbed his hand and we marched down to the office. I sat him on the floor outside the door and explained to the director what I thought had happened. She talked to him and told me later that yes, that is what he did. He said his older sister had taught him how. I sent home an "opportunity for improvement" form and his parents did not even mention the incident the next morning. He has repeated it but I just turn my back to him and ignore him hoping he will get tired of not getting a reaction.

Yesterday, I sold a baby afghan for $25. Yea, extra money!!! A friend of my sister's called and asked me to crochet one in white with purple and gold edging, the LSU colors. I had no idea how much to ask for payment. I didn't want to ask too much. So I really just got enough to pay for the yarn and rounded off to total a few more dollars. She seemed satisfied with the amount and asked if it would be okay to call me if she wanted another one. I told her yes, indeed, call me.


*******************************

Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
Psalm 37:3-8

2 Comments:

At 6:46 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am sorry for your work problems! I hope you can find a different job soon.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

The moms just talk down to you because they feel guilty for leaving their kids all day. It's still wrong, but try to understand how bad they must feel to lash out like that.

Re: the finger. We have kids at school that do lots of inappropriate stuff and the parents can't believe their little darlin' would do such a thing. Ugh.

One kid smeared yogurt all over his desk one day at snack time and was finger painting in it. (He's 6.) Mom wrote back that he was "trying to clean it up". Yeah, right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home