He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, November 09, 2008

The weekends are not long enough. I feel normal, my old self, two days a week. This is the way life should be. Me, at home, at peace, no schedule except my own. I assume that is because I was not a working mom. I was blessed to be able to be a stay at home mom. Now I am having to work, thankfully just seven to three, five days a week, with the weekend off. I need to just keep counting my blessings.

I have a great recipe for anyone who loves spinach, mustard greens or turnip greens, cooked greens of any kind. It is called "green gumbo" and it is fantastic. I spent the day with my sister yesterday and we cooked it for the first time. I couldn't get enough of this delicious gumbo. I will be fixing it a lot.

Wednesday is my laundry day. This past wednesday as I was taking the clothes from the dryer, I noticed a few spots on a pair of pants I was folding. I couldn't bring to mind what might have caused it, but I shrugged it off 'cause it was an old pair of everyday pants. Then I pulled a blouse out and noticed spots on the front of it. Now I was beginning to worry. Everything I pulled from the dryer had what looked liked oily stains and colored spots. My good clothes that I wore to work, ruined. I couldn't figure out what in the world happened to my laundry. I turned the washer back on and added a generous amount of detergent and shoved all the clothes back into the machine. As I was doing this, I found an empty tube of tinted blistex. That is when I remembered using the blistex at work and putting it in my pants pocket. I forgot about it and it ended up in with my load of clothes. I did a google search while the load of clothes soaked. Of course I read "don't dry the clothes" but I had already done that. One web site recommended using "spray and wash" so I bought that and it worked. I am a firm believer in "spray and wash" now.

*******************************

Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man. For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy? O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles. Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God. Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
Psalm 43

2 Comments:

At 4:17 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Hooray for Mrs. P and Spray and Wash!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Whew!

I found some spots on one of my pieces of clothing, but nothing else. And, like you, didn't notice until after it had been through the dryer. I can't imagine what caused the spots.

I've got some Oxy Clean and Carbona Stain Devils and Stain Wizard that I'm going to try. If they don't do it, I'll try the Spray & Wash.


BTW, I also highly recommend Shout® Color Catcher. I throw one of them in the wash with colors and it "catches" the excess dyes. Especially useful when you have one new colorful item that you are not sure is totally colorfast. After you've washed with the Color Catcher and it stays white (i.e., hasn't absorbed any color), then you know your garments are "safe" and won't run.

(And if you don't use the Color Catcher and something runs, I recommend Carbona Color Run Remover.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home