He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, December 07, 2008

December has arrived and with it colder temperatures. It is already the second week and christmas is eighteen days away. Where has the year gone? I have a party on the eleventh and the nineteenth. I am suppose to bring a dish to each one. I can't decide which to bring, dessert or appetizer? I am studying cook books again. I am suppose to bring a gift to each gathering also. One party giver said to bring gag gifts to exchange. More thinking for me to do.

I was surprised that not everyone received their thanksgiving e-greetings. I sent them out according to the email addresses I had. Maybe I need to check and see if some of ya'll have new addresses. I always mark the box that notifies you that the e-greeting was viewed. Not all of my cards were read.

The check engine light came on thanksgiving day as I was driving to my sister's house for dinner. When I saw it flash on the dash, I didn't know what to do so I just kept driving. The car would shudder every now and then and I just prayed to make it to my sister's and not be stranded on the highway. I made it there and back home, thank goodness. The next day I went to autozone. They have a machine to check the car and they do this free of charge. The guy said it was a spark plug misfiring and it was okay to drive the car. I have an appointment for a tune up tuesday.

*******************************

When I applied mine heart to know wisdom, and to see the business that is done upon the earth: (for also there is that neither day nor night seeth sleep with his eyes:) Then I beheld all the work of God, that a man cannot find out the work that is done under the sun: because though a man labour to seek it out, yet he shall not find it; yea farther; though a wise man think to know it, yet shall he not be able to find it.
Ecclesiastes 8:16-17

1 Comments:

At 3:33 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I hope nothing too serious is wrong with your car Mrs. P.

Thanks for your card! I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home