He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, December 15, 2008

I opened the door to leave for work thursday and was shocked to see my car and front yard covered with snow. Louisiana had snow in december. Wow! I enjoyed the snow but didn't like going without electricity for twenty hours. My house is total electric and trying to stay warm with a small propane heater wasn't comfortable. My head cold is so much worse today.

I had to drive through falling snow for the first time in my life. It was still dark and I could barely see at all. I was only going twenty five miles an hour. Other drivers were speeding around me, honking their horns as they passed me. I can't understand how they could see to drive and I couldn't. I was so glad to get to the daycare parking lot.

As for my car trouble, the ignition coil had to be replaced. Now the car is running smoothly again. With it being more than a spark plug as I was told, I was shocked when the mechanic told me he didn't accept credit cards when I offerred to pay the bill with mine. My face must have shown my discomfort and confusion because he asked if I needed to wait another day before I picked up the car. I told him that wouldn't help unless he was going to let me pay with a credit card the next day. Thank God for small blessing, he said he would work with me to pay the bill as he didn't want to put anyone in a bind.

I thought there would be no more surprises in store for me but sunday morning I looked out my window and saw my mailbox pole lying in the ditch snapped in half and car fender pieces strewn on the ground around it. I didn't hear anything during the night. I assume that was when someone drove over the mailbox. With help I was able to get my mailbox put back in place. I hope it survives the holiday season.

*****************************************

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.
Isaiah 54:17

3 Comments:

At 3:13 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Poor Mrs. P, you have so many problems. I am glad you got to work and back in the snow without having an accident. I hope the New Year is much better for you.

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Merry Christmas Mrs. P!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Merry Christmas, Mrs. P!

- The Birdies 100 birds

 

Post a Comment

<< Home