He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009 ya'll!!! I can't believe we are starting a new year, seems like we just did this for 2008. Yes, I am another year older, thanks birdie100. I get tickled when people say they would hate to wait a whole year before their birthday. Duh! Everyone has to wait a year, hahaha.

I was surprised with a cake at work. And they gave me a gift bag full of play money and gold costume jewelry. Now the card was suppose to be funny, my "younger" coworkers really got a kick out of it. I, on the other hand, laughed on the outside but was sad on the inside. It said-

Remember when we were happy to be
young and sexy on our birthdays?
Now we are just happy to be
alive and breathing!


I would have rather they gave me a card that said they liked me, not shove in my face how old my body is looking. I am still young on the inside. Oh well that's life.

I haven't made any new year resolutions. I never kept any I made so I won't continue that habit. Today I cooked the traditional black eye peas and ham hocks. I created a casserole for my cabbage, combining left over pork roast, cabbage, onions, cream of mushroom soup, and rice. It came out pretty good. I have garlic bread and salad to round it out. And of course iced tea. For dessert I will have leftover birthday cake.

My granny used to say what you did the first day of the new year, you will do the rest of the year. So I am going to try to set the tone for this new year by being calm, content, relaxed and happy.

***********************************

The Lord hath done great things for us; whereof we are glad. Turn again our captivity, O Lord, as the streams in the south. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him.
Psalm 126:3-6

3 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

God bless you Mrs. P, and a belated happy birthday and a healthy 2009!

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, those co-workers are pretty dumb. You can only give someone a card like that if you are the same age or older. That's why the saying uses "we" not "you." Well, they'll finally understand when they reach their fifties (if they're lucky enough to!) and find nature taking its course.

 
At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you Mrs. P. May you yave a healthy and good new year 2009

 

Post a Comment

<< Home