He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

We have our first case of hand-foot-mouth disease at the daycare. Hopefully, it won't spread through every room.

A coworker brought the first king cake to work monday. We have had king cake every day and I hope no one brings another one next week. We did have a variety of flavors-blueberry, cream cheese, chocolate eclair, praline, and apple. I have to admit I cheated, I always waited until someone else found the baby in their piece of cake before I cut my piece.

Finally, we got a raise at work. Last year we didn't get a raise and were told we wouldn't get one until this year. We didn't get a guarantee on when or how much. It was more than I thought but less than I needed or wanted. But it is still a blessing. After taxes I will be bringing home $50 more a month.

The bird population is still low. I see an occasional cardinal, wren, or mockingbird. At one time I had an abundance of all kinds. But with the combination of the hawks that are nesting around here and the loss of trees from the hurricane and the tornado, I have too few birds. I am hoping when spring arrives the birds will flock back.


***************************************

Behold that which I have seen: it is good and comely for one to eat and to drink, and to enjoy the good of all his labour that he taketh under the sun all the days of his life, which God giveth him: for it is his portion. Every man also to whom God hath given riches and wealth, and hath given him power to eat thereof, and to take his portion, and to rejoice in his labour; this is the gift of God. For he shall not much remember the days of his life; because God answereth him in the joy of his heart.
Ecclesiastes 5:18-20

1 Comments:

At 5:06 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

What are they doing to protect the disease from spreading at the center?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home