He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Wow the weather feels so good now. I had to pull out my thick socks yesterday morning, my toes were cold. My next electric bill will be lower because my central air unit has been off this whole week. All I have used is ceiling fans. At night I don't even need a fan. The cooler temperatures have me wanting to cook and eat soups, stews and corn bread. The smell of corn bread baking in the oven triggers so many good happy memories for me.`

This weekend I have been cleaning out my kitchen and bathroom cabinets of things past their expiration dates. I hadn't thought to do this in a while. The other day I took a bottle of cough medicine from the cabinet and noticed the expiration date. I checked the decongestion medicine and it was also expired. Now I have to restock all my cold medicines. Most of my spices and seasonings needed to be thrown out, too. I haven't did a lot of cooking since I am by myself. I don't think I have emptied a bottle of seasoning in a long time.

Mom and dad are the same, no significant changes in their health. My older sister and I had been buying extra groceries for mom and dad to help them out. Trying to get things for them that we felt would be nutrious that dad wasn't buying and to help them save money. But dad would get upset and demand the receipt so he could pay us back. One day while on the phone with mom, she was reading aloud the sale paper from the Winn-Dixie grocery store in our neighborhood. She was telling me about the different buy one get one free items that were on sale, to help "me" save money. I was thinking about this later that evening and knew God was telling me this was how I could give to mom and dad. Now I buy the sale items and I get one and I tell dad that he is getting the "free" item and he doesn't owe me anything, it is a gift. He tells me that is okay as long as he can give me a gift one day. But mom and dad keep up with the sales. If I try to give them something that wasn't on sale, dad knows and wants to pay me. He is one tough old bird. hahaha

*************************

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Galatians 5:22-26

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am glad it is cooler for you. You are a good person to help your mom and dad, with all of your own problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home