He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

March 21st, while I was at work, an oak tree that was across the road from my property came down on top of my house. Actually the top part of the tree fell onto the center of my roof. The damage is bad but it could have been so much worse. I do have fixable damage. If the tree had been any closer it probably would have split the house. Also it came down where I always park my car. So yes it could have been worse. I could have been opening the door and leaving for work when it came down. I was told I hadn't been gone from the house very long before it fell. That day I left earlier because of the bad weather.

Every thing is covered by insurance. Even the building code upgrade of a sewer treatment system which is required before I can have the electricity turned back on is covered by my insurance. Friends and family thought I had dropped my home owner's insurance. No indeed, because I knew I would not have been able to replace even my dilapidated house on my own.

The contractor says it might be 4 to 6 weeks before I can move back into the house. I am staying with my son and his wife for now.

Our God is an awesome God.

*****************

O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord.

Psalm 117

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, that is terrible! I am glad you are okay, and that your insurance will cover the repairs. I know what you are going through, as I've been through the damage from 2 hurricanes, and just recently one bad storm left my house with damage. Even though it's a difficult thing, thank God nobody was hurt!

GB

 
At 12:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thankfully you were not hurt. Glad insurance will cover all.
Can you get to work from son's house?
Praying all will go good with repairs and thanking God you are OK

 

Post a Comment

<< Home