He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

It has been a dreary day; no sun peeking through the rain clouds.

My mother-in-law came over to get me to make some copies of her rental lease. She couldn't find the ones that I had made her right before I had my surgery. It struck me again how fast the year has passed.

When she called and said she was coming over my stomach clinched. I had a feeling something was going to happen; since it is close to christmas. Sure enough she hadn't been here long before she told me that she wasn't going to be able to buy gifts this year. Well, I knew what that meant because I had heard it before. As she was leaving she told me she would come get me one day next week and we would go christmas shopping together.

Yep, the old "not going to give gifts; let's go buy gifts" speech. I guess I am suppose to be that stupid. The speech means that she isn't going to give me and mine gifts but there are family members and friends that will get christmas presents. She is low on funds; she has to scratch people off her list so she has more cash to impress the important people. Oh well, it is not the first time.

Tomorrow is the first day of december. We are counting down to the year 2005. I remember standing on the steps of school during my senior year wondering what I would be doing in the year 2000. It was hard for me to picture myself that far ahead but I didn't think I would be in the disorderly life I'm in now.

5 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only thing important about Christmas is that it is the birthday of Jesus. Don't worry about presents, they don't matter anyway!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you; but I'm only human, my feelings get hurt.

 
At 5:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry!

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Hey, that's okay, I understand what you are saying. Jesus is the reason for the season! You have to know the situation to understand why the lack of gifts from this particular person upsets me.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Well, she may be going shopping for gifts that are not for you, but you can shop for gifts that are not for her. You've known her for 30+ years -- you think she's going to suddenly change? She won't change until she's uncomfortable enough to want to -- say, like her son tells her to be nice to you or he'll never see her again? Would he do that for you? That would be a great Christmas gift!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home