He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Goodness I don't know where to begin. So much has been happening. Dad is refusing to wear his nitroglycerine patch. He says nothing is wrong with him. Mom is refusing to say anything to him. I am finding it hard to not say anything to either one. And I haven't said anything; it is causing me a lot of stress. I know I have no control over other peoples lives. I know I only have a small say when they ask for advice and they will still do what they want, it is human nature.

I thought it was hard to be responsible for children. I have discovered it is harder when you have to become responsible for your parents. My opinion has been different than all three of my sisters. So I have come to the conclusion that I will have a little less stress if I sit back and listen to them. It is very hard.

The other thing that happened is I finally have a payment book for a 2002 Ford Taurus. Yea for me!!!!! It is strange how it came about. I went with my son to pick up his new truck. He had mentioned to the salesman that I didn't have a vehicle. The man asked me if I was interested in buying a car. Of course I was but I couldn't afford one. I told him if he could sale me a car for $200 a month I'd take it. That is what I make each month selling my bread and I knew I could pay that much. And I figured that would be the end of that. But he did it! I couldn't believe. I drove it home! It feels wonderful to be independent again!

Yesterday, I went to the store by myself. I didn't think I would have any trouble. I knew I tired easily and when K and I go, I sit on the bench while he stands in the check out line. I was exhausted and in pain by the time I made it home and packed the bags inside. I just put up the frozen and refrigerated stuff and collapsed on the couch.

Monday, when I went to the lab to give more blood, I had to stand in line for an hour and a half. It was awful, my back was hurting, both my feet were tingling and my muscles were trembling. I only thought I felt bad before the surgery. I do so hope the doctor will give me encouraging news when I go this time.



2 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your car! Good luck at the doctor, hope you get good, helpful news!

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

How about writing your Dad a letter, expressing your concern? Or calling or writing your Dad's doctor, to let him know that your Dad isn't following orders? Once you've done something -- anything -- you will feel less stress. I find it easier to write than to talk. Mail the letter, pray, and then let God handle things.

I am very happy to hear you've got wheels! That's wonderful! Now, don't start drag racing the youngsters when you get a rush of energy (like when you jumped over the sofa!).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home