He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

I took my dad to the v.a. clinic this morning. I have been the one going with him and then driving him, for years. My sister has been taking him since my surgery. This time it was different because I went in the room with him to see his doctor. If dad would have said no; I wouldn't have done it. I think he realized that if he didn't let me, my sister would be taking him to the doctor and controlling every thing and he wants me taking him and not her. Dad didn't like it too much and I don't know if he will continue to let us do it. He stopped letting mom go in with him years ago because she was giving the doctors more information than dad wanted them to have.

My younger sister told him he messed up because he wasn't telling us everything the doctor said. Dad didn't tell us he was having heart trouble. My sister found out when she took him to the clinic for his check up last month. The doctor wanted dad to go to the hospital because he was having chest pains and dad was refusing to go. He just wanted to go home. He hadn't even said anything to mom about his heart. I say it is dad's right to not tell us everything. I believe we all have a right to privacy. I don't tell my parents or my sons every time I go to the doctor or everything the doctor tells me "if" I do let them know I am going to the doctor. It is my right.

When I told dad that my sister wanted me to go in with him and to take notes; he just shook his head. He said he just might sign the paper that says no one can talk to his doctor and I told him if he wants to do it, go ahead. He has alzhiemer's but right now he still knows when his rights are being violated. We love him and want to take care of him but it is something he has to want, also. My sister is trying to take over his health care and dad isn't ready for that.

Mom just says do whatever you want to do. But mom is a "tell all" type of person. She has no secrets and if you don't want anyone to know something; don't tell her. That is the only thing her and dad argue about. That was another reason he stopped letting her go to the doctor with him; she told everyone else what the doctor said. Dad is a very private person and he doesn't want every one knowing his business.

**********************************************************************************

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God, For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ. And whether we be afflicted, it is for your consolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer; or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.
II Corinthians 1:3-6

1 Comments:

At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home