He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, December 24, 2004

My family celebrated christmas yesterday. Of course, I have lots of leftovers so I will only be reheating not cooking thru the rest of christmas.

I had a strange occurrence that has left me feeling out of sorts and a little scared. When I was asked what I would like for a gift this year; I told everyone I still would like to have a blender, a food processor, and a stand mixer. I had a blender and a food processor years ago but when they broke I just never replaced them but I have always thought about it. I have never owned a stand mixer and that I was thinking seriously about. I go down the kitchen appliance aisle every time I go to the store.

Anyway, I went to my cabinet, where I keep things I seldom use, to get my big turkey platter. I open the door and there was a food processor. It wasn't in a box but the instruction book and spare cutting blades were in a plastic zip bag right by it. I began thinking that my son had snuck in the house and put it in the cabinet for a surprise. But then I thought, no neither one would do that so how did it get here. I began to realize that I must have bought it myself; but I couldn't remember doing it. I wonder what else I might have forgotten. I asked K about it and he told me that he was with me when I bought it. I have a very vague recollection but no real memory of it. It is an awful feeling.

The weather has been real cold. Not cold by northern standards but cold for us. I have slacked off on my walking and need to get back to a routine. I am considering a treadmill again with the idea of trying for ten miles a day even if it is inside. I have talked to several people who own one and they really like theirs and do more walking since they have it in their living room. It is a thought anyway.

*******************************************************************************

And in that day thou shalt say O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou was angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord JEHOVAH is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things; this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee. Isaiah 12

6 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Merry Christmas, Mrs. P! We had a temperature of 2 degrees yesterday. BRRRRRRR! Today, it was in the 40's. We get strange weather here. Hope you have a happy holiday.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, my relative with severe thyroid problems has memory problems when hypo (low). She'll ask a question and then a few minutes later ask the same thing and seem just as surprised by the answer the 2nd time she hears it. She'll make the same mistakes repeatedly, too. Kind of like being in a time warp. Once the meds bring her back to normal, her memory is as good as ever -- though she might forget some of the hilarious stuff said during the hypo phase. Perhaps you were hypo when you bought the processor. Anyway, what a nice Christmas surprise to now discover you own one! Merry Christmas!

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Merry Christmas, Mrs. P!

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas from all the Birdies 100 birds!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home