He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, January 07, 2005

I have been in awe of the lists of favorites that people post on their blogs at the end of the year. I told myself that I was going to do that last year. Well, actually, I have told myself that for two years. But I can't seem to remember to write down movies, books, songs or anything really. Then when I ask myself the question, "what is your favorite---?"; I don't remember everything that I have read or seen or heard. The one thing I do remember about last year is that I didn't read, watch, or listen to very much.

My number one book has always been my Bible. All the answers I need I find there. In 2004, God led me to the author, Nancy Moser. Her series about surrendering to God has been very helpful to me. For a long time I have been a "Jonah", not wanting to listen to God's instructions for me. I run in the opposite direction and I end up lost in the belly of a whale until I say yes to God and He leads me out. Thank you God for helping up when I stumble.

***********************************************************************************

When my soul fainted within me I remembered the Lord: and my prayer came in unto thee, into thine holy temple. They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercy. But I will sacrifice unto thee with the voice of thanksgiving, I will pay that that I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord. And the Lord spake unto the fish, and it vomited out Jonah upon the dry land. Jonah 2:7-10


3 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Congratulations on being bird of the week!

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Mrs. P, for being voted BOTW!

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Way to go Mrs. P BOTW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home