He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

I was sweeping the front porch when I heard a bird chittering in anger. I paused and looked around trying to spot the feathered friend and what might be causing the upset. I found the bird in an azalea bush beside the house but couldn't figure out what was causing the commotion. At first glance I thought it was a wren but was over come with excitement at the beautiful green color of the small bird. I have never seen one of this color and the picture doesn't do it justice. I have researched and I believe it is a tennessee warbler. If anyone knows what kind of bird it is, please let me know. I have been watching for it but I haven't spotted it again.

***********************************************************************************

The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped; therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalm 28:7



10 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you take the photo yourself? Must be one of the birds cousins, but I don't know what it is, sorry!

 
At 5:59 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Nice picture Mrs. P!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

If you get chosen as Bird of the Week, maybe Mac can use that bird photo as your likeness.

 
At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good idea!

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I agree!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

That is a cool looking bird, Mrs. P. Sadly, I don't know what its name is. I am still trying to familiarize myself with the birds of Colorado, even after living here for 3 years.

I have many birds that visit me here, as I put birdseed out most days. My favorites, though, are the squirrels! We put peanuts out almost everyday. If we forget, the squirrels literally look in the window for us. Too cute! A few days ago, one of the squirrels "buried" a peanut in the cushion of the patio furniture.

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That photo looks exactly like one on Giff Beaton's web page here.

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

The photo was found when I was trying to identify the green colored bird I spotted in my yard. I didn't say I photographed it. I am happy to say that I have a pair of these pretty little birds, whatever kind that they are. They do brighten up my place with their beautiful color and the constant chattering they seem to do.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

What I forgot to say is the tiny birds I have been watching are a darker shade of green than the one in the picture. K and I think they are smaller than a wren. I am not very good at identifying birds but I love watching them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home