He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I was very excited to see a red headed woodpecker the other day. It has been a few years since I have seen one around here. Well, I didn't see it by my house; I was on the way to the store and saw it in a tree along side the road. Good thing no one was behind me, 'cause I slammed on my brakes when I saw it. I do love watching birds. There used to be a pileated woodpecker nesting in a tree by the house. The first time I heard its call; I thought some wild dangerous animal inhabited my woods. I miss hearing it; I would like for one to nest near by again.

I did some research on robins and found several interesting articles. I wanted to check out what grandma always said about the robin being a sign of spring. Several websites did agree; several also said it is a myth. I will agree with my wise granny.

The weather has been wonderful and I am looking forward to planting some vegetables. I didn't try growing anything last year but I told K I want to this year. Year before last, I stayed aggravated with the deer eating the plants and what the deer didn't eat the armadillos dug up. But I love growing things and I keep trying.

*********************************************************************************
Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness. Quicken me, O Lord, for thy name's sake: for thy righteousness' sake bring my soul out of trouble. And of thy mercy cut off mine enemies, and destroy all them that afflict my soul: for I am thy servant. Psalms 143:10-12

2 Comments:

At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your garden this year!

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

We haven't found anything that is a sure fire deer repellant. Most only work for a while. We've tried hanging Irish Spring soap (drilled holes in bars and hung them from low tree branches), chicken wire, and various unmentionable products sold in garden/hardware stores. The neighbors around me have fenced in their back yards, effectively fencing in mine, and still we find a whole herd lounging out back some nights. There's no point in starting a garden here!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home