He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, January 21, 2005

Yesterday, my dad and mom came over and we spent the day, getting my yard looking respectable. K and I haven't had a riding lawn mower or push mower for a couple of years. We paid someone to cut the grass a few times. Now that I have the car payment, we can't afford to do that. My dad bought a riding mower last month and has decided he will keep my grass cut for me. He said he's not doing it for K , he's doing it for me. All he wants in return is to hear three words- I Love You.

My beautician gave me a new hair color. I was kinda skeptical when she suggested using a medium blonde on my brown hair. But she said it wouldn't change my hair color it would just turn the gray(white?) into highlights. So I said why not? And I like it. Now I look sun kissed. HaHaHa My hair looks golden brown and that brightened my complexion and I don't look so pale and colorless. Hair color can be very elating.

Okay, a little bit about my bread making. December of 2002, K told me about a lady that had been baking and selling her banana nut bread at a store by the house and it sold real good. She moved and he thought I should bake mine and sell it. I thought why not; it couldn't hurt. I make the mini size-3x5. I started out with banana nut; gradually adding pumpkin pecan, and lemon blueberry. Last year I decided to try mini loaf cakes and they are good sellers, too. The favorite is chocolate walnut. This year, I began selling mini pecan pies.

I haven't thought about selling them on the web. I don't use a vacuum sealer but I plan on getting one. The health department here, just requires a label with ingredients and the date prepared. They allow me to use plastic wrap. I want to create my own labels and use the vacuum sealer but I don't have that much of a profit margin. The candy gives me a bigger profit. I made $20 from one batch of peanut butter candy; that is why I have been looking for more great tasting candy recipes. It is something I enjoy doing and it gives us extra money.

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad your dad will cut the lawn for you. Good luck with your candy and cake sales!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home