He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, January 10, 2005

Today, the doctor told me I have hungry bone syndrome. I didn't think I would find any info about it but when I googled, I found a lot of pages.

I was told to take a "tums" three times a day with meals and to continue my vitamin supplement because my phosphorus count is still very low. All my blood work came back normal. I am not anemic and I don't have a vitamin D deficiency. I was told I should eventually start to feel better. My next appointment is scheduled for April.

I am sitting here with my face and mouth tingling, my whole body feels like I have a chill. But if I were to put on a sweater; I would still be trembling. I was feeling just this way when I was told I was taking too much calcium so I don't know how taking calcium again is suppose to help.

My headaches have started again. The doctor asked me if I have a lot of stress in my life and I fell apart and started crying. This young man called me sweetie and asked me if I would like to talk to him about my problems. I got control of myself and told him no I didn't want to talk to him. He said that the parathyroid problem that I am having will cause me to be depressed and offered to refer me to a psychologist. If I thought I would be talking to an older person who has handled problems like mine, instead of all these young trainees who haven't, I might consider it. The older wiser people in my life tell me I should get a divorce. But I have a better marriage in some ways than a lot of other women. I don't have the skills to get a good paying job to take care of myself. Money would improve a lot of things where I am at right now. One thing, I would be able to get a second opinion on what is exactly wrong with me. I am caught in a vicious circle of circumstance and now bad health has been added to it. I haven't figured out how to get off this mad roller coaster but I am working on it.

4 Comments:

At 8:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NIH Studies of Elevated Parathyroid Activity.

 
At 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clinical trials: Parathyroid Diseases.

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clinical trials: HypoparathyroidismClinical trials: Hyperparathyroidism

Maybe you can get free help from the NIH?

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be in my prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home