He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, January 27, 2005

My older sister called me this morning and asked me if I realized that if this year was mom and dad's fiftieth wedding anniversary, then she was born before they were married. She said that she knew that wasn't right so their fiftieth must have been last year.

Of course I became very upset. Last year I had this discussion with her but she was telling me I was wrong because I was the one saying mom and dad were going have their golden anniversary and I wanted to plan something special.

I had even called mom last year; trying to find out if I was totally out of mind. All she would do was laugh about my sister saying she must be illegimate if I was thinking it was their fiftieth. And everyone went along with my sister. So I gave up and kept my mouth shut as usual. I told myself okay, I was figuring up the wrong dates. I sent my parents a golden anniversary card this year and mom didn't say anything about it when she called and thanked me for it.

I called mom today and asked her if this year was the fiftieth or fifty first. She said it is their fifty first. I told her I had wanted to give them a party for their fiftieth but we got the dates mixed up. She said that was okay it was just like another day. So, I guess it was better that it worked out like it did.









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home