He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

The rain is back in the form of thunderstorms. Blah day but I do count the blessings. It is just that when there is no sunshine my mind shuts down. This is a new thing for me. I start going through the steps for my normal routine and I feel myself slowing down. Then I am sitting down and my mind is going blank. When I am outside on sunny days; my whole outlook on life is different. I am content, my heart feels full, I am ecstatic. On dark days, I feel empty.

Last night for supper I ate a baked potato. Why do I share this info? I guess because I haven't had a baked potato in almost four years. K had been asking me to fix baked potatoes for him. He even bought the potatoes. When we go out to eat that is what he always orders for his side dish. But we haven't went out to eat in quite a while. I decided to fix his potato last night and I was going to find me something else. For me it was a choice of salad of raw vegetables or a combination of roasted vegetables.

The more I thought about the "potato" the more I was tempted. I stopped eating baked potatoes when I learned that eating a baked potato is equal to eating a cup of sugar. I do eat potatoes; like oven fries or potato chips. I stopped eating baked potatoes with all the trimmings. Frozen crinkle cut french fries cooked in the oven have way less carbs; a baked potato-51 carbs, 10 french fries-17. That is according to the book I have. Well, I succumbed to temptation and ate the potato with 2 tablespoons of light margarine and 1 ounce of shredded cheddar. You know what? I didn't enjoy that baked potato even a little bit. I thought I had been missing out; at least that is what that little old devil whispering in my ear led be to think.

Food doesn't taste the same anymore. At one time I enjoyed eating and looked forward to sitting down to a meal. I don't really get hungry or have much of an appetite. My tastes have changed I guess. I like to eat salty snacks. I don't care much for "cooked" foods right now. I eat because I know it is important not because I want to.

5 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't enjoy your potato! Did K like his baked potato.

 
At 4:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot the question mark above. Should read: Did K like his baked potato?

 
At 9:31 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

It's possible your thyroid problems have changed your appetite. Watch the salt, though!

You might also suffer from SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). There are SAD article links at the NIH web site here.

Light therapy may make all the difference! I recommend you try it!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

K liked his potato so well, he ate two of them.

Interesting article on SAD. I researched the lights and I will look for the special light bulbs.
Thanks

 
At 4:00 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Just don't use your full spectrum light in the evening or you may not sleep! Use it in the morning. It really does seem to help on those days when you can't get any sunlight. I stopped using one when I began morning walks 3x week, but I've got it for gloomy, rainy (or icy) weeks when I can't walk outside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home