He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, February 10, 2005

Finally, after almost a whole week of cloud coverage; we had a blue bird sky. It felt wonderful to have sun rays streaming through the windows. Of course the wind chill was in the thirties and you could feel it to the bones. But the sky was gorgeous.

I have been catching up on house work that I have neglected for a long time. I have no desire to do much of anything and I have been doing the basics on cleaning. I have good intentions; even writing down what I want to do each day. But, nine times out of ten, I find myself sitting on the couch instead of finishing a chore. Some days I don't even make any bread.

Year before last I was trying to clear the clutter that I had let pile up. Somewhere I had read that a cluttered house is the sign of a cluttered soul. Sounded sort of like the phrase-cleanliness is next to godliness. I felt that getting my house in order would help to bring happiness back into my life. I did get rid of a lot; but I have plenty more to sort through. Maybe that is why I am still trying to find more of that thing called happiness.

*****************************************************************************
But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all thy heart and with all thy soul. When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days, if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto his voice; For the Lord thy God is a merciful God; he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers which he sware unto them.
Deuteronomy 4:29-31

7 Comments:

At 4:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know anybody that enjoys house cleaning. It's a necessary evil.

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

You might see if your library has a copy of "Psycho Cybernetics" by Maxwell Maltz. Amazon.com has it for under $8. It has a great deal to say about happiness. While the book is not religious, Dr. Maltz quotes some scripture and it's clear he was a believer.

(BTW, amazon reviewers say to stay away from the updated versions of the book -- the original one from 1960 -- ISBN: 0671700758 -- is the one to read.)

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Quilty Bird seems to be the best at nest tidying. She uses the Fly Lady method.

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Thanks for posting the Flylady link, Granny's daughter. Mrs. P, I really think flylady can help you. Please check it out. Most of the people on Flylady's list are just "fluttering along" doing what they can, going 2 steps forward and one step back. There is no beating yourself up allowed. Flylady gently nudges us "SHE's" along. It is not a list of crazies, although it might seem that way at first. :0)

Oh, and you'll have to check out the website to find out what a "SHE" is!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Wow, I am now a flylady fan! I checked the declutter link first and I am on my way to trying each tip. Thanks ya'll!!!

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Just remember: no crash and burn cleaning! Set a timer and work for 15 minutes. Don't take out more than you can easily put away. You are blessing others when you give things away. And, finally, your house/life/body didn't become cluttered overnight, so don't expect it to be "fixed" overnight. Just chip away at the problem 15 minutes at a time!

Oh, and did you learn what FLY stands for? If not, go search the website.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Finally Loving Yourself

 

Post a Comment

<< Home