He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

I am constantly searching for ways to help me lose weight. I know all the right eating habits. I know what works for me; at least what used to work for me. I found some more tips that I thought I would share. This are good ideas but most of the things on the list I do or don't do as the case may be. I don't drink cola's, I don't drink whole milk, we have used fat free mayo for years, I don't eat pie, I don't eat toast, I stopped eating bread two years ago. But I like seeing the ways to burn, trim, and cut "100 calories".

5 ways to trim 100 calories from food
1. Swap an 8-ounce regular soft drink for a diet soft drink or bottle of water.
2. Drink 2 cups of fat-free milk instead of 2 cups of whole milk.
3. Use 1 teaspoon of mustard or 1 tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise in place of 1 tablespoon regular mayonnaise.
4. Split a small bag of French fries with a friend rather than eating them all yourself.
5. Slice a typical piece of apple pie about one-third smaller.


5 ways to burn 100 calories through physical activity
1. Pedal an exercise bike for 13 minutes.
2. Practice some fast dance steps for 16 minutes.
3. Work in the garden for 18 minutes.
4. Walk briskly (3.5 mph) for 22 minutes.
5. Clean the house for 25 minutes.


5 food and "foot power" combos to cut 100 calories
1. Eat five fewer potato chips and walk for 6 minutes.
2. Eat one-quarter cup less of spaghetti with tomato sauce and walk for 11 minutes.
3. Top toast with 2 teaspoons of apple butter instead of 2 teaspoons of butter and walk for 11 minutes.
4. Spoon out 3 tablespoons less mashed potatoes and walk for 13 minutes.
5. Skip 2 half & half creamers in coffee and walk for 15 minutes.


***********************************************************************************

And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sin and the sin of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God for the holy mountain of my God; Yea, whiles I was speaking in prayer, even the man Gabriel, whom I had seen in the vision at the beginning, being cause to fly swiftly, touched me about the time of the evening oblation, And he informed me, and talked with me, and said, O Daniel, I am now come forth to give the skill and understanding. Daniel 9:20-22

********************************************************************************

Hallelujah! Praise Jehovah!

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home