He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, February 05, 2005

This is a picture of the road in front of my house. I have been traveling this road for thirtytwo years. My sister and brother in law lived here before K and I moved here twentysix years ago. Last year our gravel road was finally black-topped. We still can't believe our good fortune. Now our vehicles stay clean longer after we wash and wax them. We can sit on our front porch and not get covered my dust when a car drives past the house.

My home place is surrounded by woods. To feel the warmth of sun rays I have to follow the patches of sun light that make it through the trees. If I do any sun bathing I am dragging my lounge chair all across the back yard to catch the sun rays. The front yard has more sun light but no privacy. And before the road was black-topped there was always a cloud of dust following every passing car, no matter how slow they tried to go.

One of the things I enjoy doing is hanging out clothes to dry on a clothes line. I love the smell of sun dried sheets and pillow cases. When we first moved here, I had to move my clothes line several times before I found the right spot that got enough sun and breeze through the trees to dry the clothes. I believe one of the prettiest sights in the world is wind blown clothes flapping on a clothes line.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks very peaceful there.

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Hi, Mrs. P! You posted a photo of an afghan that looks like a quilt. Tomorrow (2/9/05), Simply Quilts (on HGTV) is showing a quilt pattern that looks like a granny squares afghan! Thought you might like to watch it, if you get HGTV. It's on early here (6:30am), but may be on at 7:30 or 8:30am by you, depending on your time zone.

http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_quilting_instructions/article/0,1789,HGTV_3302_2659088,00.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home