He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, January 31, 2005


I finished the afghan that I was crocheting for my son and daughterinlaw. It is in hunter green with a variegated hunter green mix with mauve, navy, and tan. The shell pattern isn't very clear; but I am not a professional photographer. I am not even an amateur photographer, haha.



This is what I like to call my log cabin quilt afghan. One of many quilt pattern afghans that I will crochet, I hope. I was crocheting on one year before last, but quit. At the time I didn't know something was wrong with me; I found I couldn't concentrate on the pattern and it was complicated with several different new stitches; my fingers cramped and hurt, too. I am going to start back on it, now that I have finally finished a crochet project.


This is my circle in a square afghan. I was using my leftover yarns so I call it a quilt afghan because I was using scraps to crochet the circles.

Crocheting was my stress reliever and it felt good to be holding the crochet hook again.

5 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice!

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Hi, Mrs. P! I love your afghans! I think I like the quilty one the best, of course. I don't crochet much, but I like to knit when I have time.

Last night, I started a scarf for myself. It is one of those decorative kinds that people wear indoors. It is made with 2 yarns held together. One of them is an eyelash yarn. It is fun to work on. I am using gigantic size 17 needles. Boy, does that make it work up fast!

Unfortunately, Friendly Cat must have spent a good part of last night un-knitting. I spent at least a half hour untangling my yarns this morning!

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Nice afghans, Mrs. P! I've only made 3 ever. You have more patience than I (as GrannysGrandDaughter will attest)! I mainly make small stuff.

Maybe Granny Bird will take a pic of the blankie I made for her. It's one of the few things I have made to order. It was quite a chore deciding by mail. I made up swatches in different styles, then sent them and samples of yarns, until GB found what she liked and I could (would) make.

 
At 9:15 AM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Thank you anonymous.

QuiltyBird, your quilts are beautiful. I would love to have the patience to cut and sew tiny squares together. But I wasn't blessed with it. I do have a small amount of patience to sew together crocheted squares. :)

GrannysDaughter, I would love to see some pictures of your afghans. I believe you would enjoy crocheting a quilt pattern afghan. It basically is crocheting small squares you sew together to create the quilt pattern.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I'm afraid the sewing part is not my favorite part! Weaving in ends is not a favorite, either, but it's got to be done! Granny's blanket was one piece, one color, in an interesting (to me) pattern. The other two are picture afghans. One features a cardinal on the branch of a dogwood tree. That's my favorite, and one I'll keep. The other is a (discontinued) Mary Maxim kit of whales. Both involved gazillions of ends to weave in, not to mention managing dozens of balls of yarn (that would get tangled every time I flipped the afghan to work on the next row).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home