He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, March 11, 2005

March winds have been blowing in twentyfive m.p.h gusts. You have to hang onto the door when you open it, to keep it from being blown off the hinges. The weather is really mixed up these days. Yesterday morning there was ice on the car windshield and by afternoon the temperature was in the seventies. In the mornings you never know if you should dress for cold or warm temperatures.

It has warmed up enough that the wasps and bumblebees are flying around and they always seem to want to gather by the front door. I have to be prepared to duck and run, when I open the door.

I put out my hummingbird feeders and have been watching for the little darlings to come back. They bring me so much pleasure. I don't guess I'll see any during these strong winds.

Wednesday, coming back from the store, we startled a yearling deer in the unfenced field of grass at the beginning of our road. The poor thing did not know which direction to run. It took off to the right and then whirled around to left, towards us and the woods. Changed its mind and turned to the right; lost its balance and fell. I guess it finally decided to take a chance; it leaped across the road in front of the truck and then over the fence, into the woods. Hopefully the deer learned a lesson and won't come out into the open until after dark.

I have been feeling much the same. I feel my muscles twitching all the time now; kinda getting used to it. My face tightens or draws up and it is scary because I have no control of it. I have to wait it out, until the muscles relax. Sometimes it feels like someone is tugging on my eyebrow and when I touch it, I can feel the muscle knotted up.

I bought a long sleeve button up shirt made out of cotton and spandex. It is so comfortable and does not wrinkle. I have been able to find several shirts, button up and pull over with spandex and I love them because I don't have to iron them. Anyway, my favorite, the mauve colored button up, I wear the most; I was putting it in the dryer and glanced at the care label, to make sure I use the right temperature, and was shocked to see the word-maternity. I started flipping light switches so I could read better. Sure enough, that is what it said. I held the shirt out and looked for gathers in the front, but didn't see any. It looked like a regular shirt to me. So I went and got the scissors and cut that word right off the label. I hope to goodness I don't run into a pregnant lady wearing the same shirt one day. Lord have mercy, I have got to do something about this weight.

3 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you are still experiencing such bad twitching. You must tell your MD about it, and be firm in telling him/her. You are probably in need of additional calcium. Please check with your doctor ASAP!

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, GrannysGrandDaughter and I laughed our heads off when we read your maternity shirt story! Thank you for providing the laugh of the week!

I guess maternity clothes have changed a lot. There was a time you couldn't have made that mistake! Well, good for the young moms to be, right?

Hope you feel better real soon.

 
At 6:00 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

I have been wearing the shirt for two months. I never saw the word in the label when I checked the size before I bought it or as many times I checked the care tag to remind myself of the right wash and dry temperatures. Another fact is that I didn't know that I had browsed through the maternity section of the store! But that word suddenly was the biggest boldest word on the label. I'm still in shock. :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home