He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, March 03, 2005

The sky was clear today. It was not the beautiful cerulean blue I love so well; but it was a heartwarming cloudless sky. There was enough of a chilly breeze to make me shiver, but I braved it for a little while.

I have been fighting a headache for a couple of days. My nose has been stuffy so I am telling myself it is a sinus headache. I started taking otc claritin and it has cleared my nose but I still have forehead and cheek pain.

In January the endocrine clinic had given me a referral to see a psychologist. I wasn't going to go because I don't see how talking to someone will help me. But when the doctor called again to set up the appointment I said okay. I went today and filled out the paper work and asked the psychologist questions and she asked me some questions. She thinks I have a severe case of clinical depression and wants to put me on zoloft. But I also could be still having problems with my parathyroid so she has to talk with my endocrinologist before she can do anything. I am again in the waiting process of getting any kind of diagnosis and help.

I am scheduled for weekly visits; I still don't see how this will help but I am willing to do anything to find my way back to being whole again. I don't recognize the person looking back at me from the mirror. I do not have the desire to do any of the things that at one time gave me pleasure. I do not like the same things that I used to like. I don't know who I am anymore.

**********************************************************************************

Be merciful unto me, O God, be merciful unto me: for my soul trusteth in thee: yea, in the shadow of thy wings will I make my refuge, until these calamities be overpast. Psalm 57:1

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get some worthwhile help.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Psychologists can't prescribe medicines. She'll have to get a psychiatrist to write them. You'll probably have to at least meet him/her; at that time, let the doc know about the parathyroid operation and meds. A real M.D. shrink won't stick you on pills, if he/she thinks the problem is hormones (or calcium).

Meanwhile, you can use your time with the psychologist to work out other problems in your life. Take advantage of the time.

Antidepressants can do wonders, if you really have a serotonin problem. But they have side effects, which usually show up before the benefits do, so you'll have to be patient.

I sure hope things work out.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

The young woman I talked with is in training. Every one you see at the charity hospital has to confer with their instructor before they do anything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home