He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

I had a wonderful time visiting my son and daughterinlaw in Kentucky. To be truthful, I did not want to come home.

I did come back to a greener state. I hardly recognized my home this morning when I came home from the lab. It was dark when I made it home from my trip last night and still dark when I left this morning to go the lab at the charity hospital. When I turned onto our road and saw all the bright green leaves on the bushes and trees, I had to smile. The scenery in the other states were still in the midst of fall colors. My part of the world is green, with touches of bright floral colors. It is gorgeous.

While in Kentucky, I placed bets at the horse races and won. Yea for me!!!!! I only made minimum bets so only won a couple dollars in change but it was exciting.

I am feeling a little different emotionally. The best way to describe it is to say that the weight of the world on my shoulders is beginning to feel less heavy. I don't know if that helps anyone understand but it is best I can do. I still don't feel like being around people. Sometimes I think it is because of my weight problem. In the past I didn't want to be with people but I struggled and forced myself to socialize. Now I don't want anyone to see me and I cry about the weight I have gained. I know I should not allow this problem to have so much power over me; but it does.

3 Comments:

At 4:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good time on your trip!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I used to feel self conscious, especially in a bathing suit. But I realize now that nobody has looked at me since turning 40! I'm practically invisible.

Perhaps the meds are finally kicking in. After suffering all the side effects, you deserve the benefits!

Things are slowly greening up here. We started today in the 30s and ended up in the 70s. Hard to know how to dress in the morning.

 
At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the birds are glad you are home again, safe and sound.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home