He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I find myself mired down in the pit of despair; even while taking Lexapro. I get stuck and it takes a couple of days of self-talk to climb out of it. A wave of unhappiness or sadness or whatever the feeling is, washes over me and I sink. I count my blessings and find pleasant activities to do. I do all the other things the psychologist taught me(which I knew to do already)and it doesn't help. It seems that the Lexapro keeps me from staying in the pit as long as I did before I started taking it; but doesn't keep me from these feelings as I hoped it would.

I have so many reasons to be thankful. And God knows I am. I hate myself when I have days like this. I don't want to get out of bed in the mornings and when I do; I get as far as the couch and there I want to stay. I don't even worry about changing out of my night clothes.

I don't know if it is my thoughts that bring me to this point. I wonder at times if it is something physical. I know this days K is always in my thoughts. I try not to think of the uncertainty of the future. But I am a worrier and the thought always pushes itself forward from where I keep it hidden at the back of my mind. I am a person that wants to plan ahead. I have never been able to live day to day. I am the worrier of the family and K lives each day as it comes.

K has decided to work extra hours each week while he can, to start saving money for when he won't be able to work. I applied for a job at a daycare that I thought was perfect for me. It was only for 3-6 p.m. each week day and I would still have mornings free for doctor appointments. It wasn't big bucks but it would have been perfect for our schedule and our budget. And I am disappointed that I haven't received a call back. But I know if God wants me to have a job, He will provide it.

************************************************************************************

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, it takes time to physically build new pathways in the brain. You've been building very strong negative/depressed connections through repetition. You will build strong positive ones and you will make them strong by repeating them. Give yourself time and do your best, but don't beat yourself up for having a bad day.

 
At 5:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you get the job, if it's God's will.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home