He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, July 02, 2005


I have been having a close encounter of birds this month. I was pleasantly surprised to find a cardinal nesting in a tree in front of the house. The nest is just above eye level. I was able to take these pictures by reaching up with the camera. I couldn't aim it so I just held it over the nest and hoped for the best. All three eggs hatched and the parents have three mouths to feed. I have seen all three mouths up and being fed. It is a wonderful sight. I can hardly wait for them to start learning to fly.

K is doing good. His spirit was renewed when the biopsies of the polyps removed during the colonopscopy were benign. He is eating again but he isn't wanting to give up the fats, sugar, and starches for vegetables like the doctor instructed him.

I have barely been keeping the yard mowed. We have three acres and every day I have to cut a section of grass. I must say it is some intense exercise.

It is hard to put my feelings in writing. I try not to think about the cancer. I don't like to dwell on the fact that my future is uncertain. But again my future has always been uncertain. No one knows exactly how long their life is going to be. I don't know how long I will live. I could die in an automobile accident tomorrow. This is what I keep telling myself and try to go on as normally as possible.

************************************************************************************
Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forht his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever de doeth shall prosper. Psalm 1:1-3

3 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray K does not have cancer! God is good! I am very happy to hear that, as my hubby bird died from colon cancer. If he had caught his problem early like K, he would be here with me today.

I hope you are feeling better; are you? Glad you have the new little birds to make you happy.

 
At 12:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Hard to believe those tiny birds are going to grow up to look like me!

 
At 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. P, are you OK? Did the storm cause flooding for you? Birds are concerned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home