He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Yesterday was my three month check-up with the endocrine clinic at the charity hospital. I am six pounds lighter. Yea for me! My blood pressure was 138/85. Better than it has been in a long time. At my last appointment, I was told to decide about starting estrogen replacement. Well, I was ready to try it. But this time I was told that there had been a new study and it is proven that estrogen replacement does contribute to heart trouble so the doctor will not prescribe it for me. I was told to try the herbal products that are on the market. I have been using one and at first it worked wonderfully. It doesn't help anymore. Boy, I was really looking forward to getting some relief from these menopausal symptoms.

K made another hole in his belt this morning. He has shrunk another inch. I am going to put darts in some of his pants this weekend. When he takes his belt off his pants fall to the floor. He isn't ready to buy any new pants yet. I guess he doesn't like thinking about the weight loss. We will start with alterations first. Because if he keeps losing weight we would be buying a new size of pants every month. We did buy smaller fruitofthelooms; because the old ones didn't want to stay in place either. He couldn't wear two belts. HaHa He did have extra weight to lose; it is just scary that all of a sudden the weight is coming off and he isn't trying to lose it.

3 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Mrs. P, for lowering your BP and losing six pounds!

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, I am surprised that your doctor recommended herbal products. Perhaps he thinks they will work as a placebo. Consumer Reports tested various herbal products and found that the bottles contained widely varying amounts of what was supposed to be in the bottle. Even from the same manufacturer, the bottle contents varied from zero to very high.

The supplements market is not regulated except that if they make really wild medical claims, eventually the Federal Trade Commission will make them stop the ads. Oh, and if people start dying, the FDC will eventually make them pull the product. But anything else is allowed.

 
At 8:42 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I emailed you some info on menopause and supplements. The attachment is a chart. You don't have to open it, if you don't want, but it should be virus free, as I believe hotmail scans it both outgoing and incoming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home