He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, August 01, 2005

I only had two babies to take care of today. I was able to hold and rock each one. I played peekaboo and made them laugh. It was an enjoyable four hours. I have thought about keeping a couple of babies in my home but I want to be out of the house and around people. I have decided to put my name on the bulletin board at work and babysit at night as a way to earn more money.

I think the primrose oil is working. For five mornings in a row, I have not had to wash my hair because of sweating all night. No more night sweats, yea!!!!!!!! The hot flashes during the day are slowing down too. Something is working and that is the newest thing I have been taking. Nothing else has changed. Outside, the heat index stays in the hundreds and inside the thermostat for the central air is still on the same temperature. I am counting it as a blessing for now.

At my last doctor's appointment, they lowered my calcium supplement to 1000 mgs. a day. Now I am having stronger tremors at night, especially when I am very tired. I told the doctor that they hadn't stopped completely. If it continues I will have increase my calcium on my own, I guess. This doctor told me that a person's body can absorb only so much at a time, and basically I was wasting my money because I was taking more than my body was using. Okay, what about my shakiness? When is it going to stop? Will it ever stop? I was told I have tremors because my body was needing calcium; now they are saying my body does not need it. I feel like they don't believe what I am saying.

7 Comments:

At 9:31 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I don't know a lot about calcium, but you do need vitamin D to absorb it. You don't need to take it together, though. You can get your vitamin D from sunshine (early or late in the day without sunscreen) and that will help you absorb your calcium.

Here are a couple of links:
calcium supplements
calcium links

 
At 4:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't the doctor see you shaking when you are at your appointment? Does he/she have you hold your hands out in front of you, to see if they are visibly shaking?

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I'm glad the primrose oil is working for you. The other night the a/c didn't come on because it cooled off outside. But, I didn't have the windows open, so it got warm while I was asleep (or maybe it was a hot flash). I woke up to find that I sweat so much that I caused black dye to run from my satin sleep mask all over my white pillow case!

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Just in case anyone is interested... I got the dye off the pillowcase! First I used Carbona Stain Devil #3, which took out the big globs (but required a lot of work). Then I used Carbona Stain Wizard and washed in Tide. That took out a little more. But FINALLY, I used Carbona Color Run Remover, and that worked!

I've used the color run remover succesfully before (that time I washed a bright red shirt with whites and everything came out pink), but it is not always easy to find. Today I lucked out and found lots of laundry correction products. Of course I bought four new ones, and the first one worked!

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I may order a new sleep mask from Carol's Cozy Comforts. Hers are black on the inside, but different colors on the outside. Maybe a pink outside will be safe on pillowcases.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

No, the doctor has never seen the trembling because it always happens in the evenings; I have never felt it in the mornings. The last doctor mentioned the words "exhaustion related" but didn't say anything about a reason for it or a cure.

The calcium link was full of info. It also said that a body absorbs only 500 mg. at a time and to think that at one time I was taking 1000 mg three times a day. What a waste of money. I also tested one of my calcium tablets in some warm water as suggested and it did dissolve in thirty minutes.

And I accidently washed one of my bras with some colored clothes and I haven't been able to get the blue splotches off of it. Thanks for the tip!

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Uh, oh. Comment spam again. Spammers are leaving anonymous generic comments such as "Like the opinions expressed here" and then adding a link to their commercial web site. This kind of spam is going to ruin blogs, if it keeps up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home