He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Another week of this year and month is over. In four days I had worked forty-six hours so I was given Friday off and I thoroughly enjoyed doing absolutely nothing. It has been a wonderful three day weekend.

My son's court day isn't until June. I don't know if he has learnt anything from his experience behind bars. I feel he has been humbled but I don't know if that will be enough to bring about a change in his life. I have worried about him all his life.

I still haven't told my family. So far no one else has heard and spread the word. I don't want to listen to criticism. If you haven't had a child that uses drugs you do not understand what a parent feels. We are going through enough without having to try to close our mind and heart to unnecessary words. We already know what our flesh and blood is stupidly doing to himself and yes we know it affects more than just him; you don't have to express it out loud, just be there to offer comfort and strength and encouragement.

Thanks to everyone for their words of encouragement. I never thought of it quite the way ya'll expressed it. I felt strengthened after reading your comments.

Tomorrow my dad will be 79 years old. He has been doing so much for me since K died. Both mom and dad are not in good health. I tell him it isn't necessary to do the things he does; but usually when I come home from work, I can tell he has been by the house because I will find some task that has been none.

********************************

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for He is faithful that promised;)
Hebrew 10:23

2 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

God bless you and your helpful dad!

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your son gets over his drug problem, and that he is getting help for it.

My grandson also had a bad problem for many years, but is now drug free, thank God. He is very young and has done a job on his own health, from all the stuff he took.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home