He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, January 26, 2007

Yesterday was the first day I felt a little peace. Automatically guilt washed through me for feeling it.

I don't know how I am suppose to feel. I guess those aren't quite the right words. I am sad and lost and angry. The other day I came across Kenny's hair brush in the truck. I brought it inside and was pulling the strands of hair from it. I put them in the bathroom garbage can and a pain went through my soul. I had to get them out; I couldn't throw them away. It felt wrong to throw them away.

I do all right during the week because I work ten to twelve hours a day at the daycare. When my hours go back to normal, I don't know how I will do. I keep my mind occupied and I am all right. When I am at the house by myself it is hard not to think about Kenny. While I am shopping, I come across things that I know he will like and I think about getting it for him or I tell myself I have to tell him about it. I still talk about him in the present tense. I am controlling my crying better.

Several of my co-workers have mentioned that I look like I have lost weight. My clothes still fit the same so I don't think I have. The last time I didn't eat enough I actually gained weight. Maybe being on my feet twelve hours a day is paying off in more than money.

1 Comments:

At 6:08 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Dear Mrs. P.,

It will get better; give it time! You are doing the best you can right now just getting through the day. Don't expect so much from yourself so soon! You have to go through the grieving process, before you can start feeling more like yourself again. You will always miss K, but in time the pain will get dimmer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home