He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, February 02, 2007

January 31st, my granny turned 102. I wonder how it must feel to be that old. She doesn't talk much; she will say only a couple of words at a time or just smile when you ask her a question, so I can't ask her. I know I don't want to live that long.

She hasn't had any health problems until recently. She had cataract surgery in her nineties. Now she is on blood pressure medicine. Up until two weeks ago she was able to walk to the bathroom. She is a truly amazing woman.

Robins are plentiful in this area. Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow; I have my fingers crossed. I am so hoping for an early spring. We have had a cold snap but are luckier than most of the northern states so I have to count my blessings. My toes are doing good this winter; only one chilblain, so far. I am being real careful with my feet.

It has been a long week. I worked 48 hours this week. Two days I listened to nonstop crying. When we were able to get some of the crying babies to sleep, others would start crying. Five p.m. yesterday, I had to leave my room or leave my job. I had been up since four a.m. to be at work by six. When I had to talk to my co-worker, I had to raise my voice to be heard. Closed in a small area with twelve babies and at least eight of them crying at one time drains you physically and emotionally. And when you have to holler to talk, well, you can imagine. I told my boss I had had all I could take. But I took a fifteen minute break and drank a cup of coffee and went back in to the lion's den and finished my twelve hours and went back today.

Today was a little better. The crying was down to a minimum. I expect crying, that goes along with the job. It is the days when all the babies feel like crying and I can't hold all of them at the same time, that I open the door to my room and holler real loud, I quit!

2 Comments:

At 5:02 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Sorry you had such a hard day at work! Twelve hour days might be too much for you. Can you work 8 hour days, 5 days a week?

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Wow! My granny, NanaBird, is a mere almost-101 -- practically a baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home