He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, February 23, 2007

Another friday, I am so glad. I worked in the infant room this week because the woman that works from six a.m. to two p.m. was on vacation. It was quite a challenge. The room where I usually work has a schedule. All six babies eat at the same time and sleep at the same time and usually we change their diapers at the same time unless a baby poos of course; naturally he or she gets a diaper change. To me, the infant room was continuous movement. When I got one to sleep, another woke up; when I got one fed, another wanted a bottle and when I got one diaper changed, I smelt another stinky poo; when I wiped up one spit up, there was another spit up to wipe up, when I got one to stop crying, another one would start crying. Oh my goodness, babies, babies, babies!!!!!! The giggles and coos made all the difference and I did enjoy the snuggling.

A coworker and friend surprised me with a card wednesday. She is the woman that was undergoing cancer treatment the same time as my husband. She is back at work and doing good. She said she had wanted to give it to me after valentine's day but we kept missing each other at work. Of course I had to cry when I read the note she wrote inside the card. She had written that she knew my first valentine's day without Kenny must have been difficult. The message on the card was perfect for the way I had been feeling too. I want to share the message on the card.


What you don't need is one more person telling you everything is going to be okay.
That all you really need to feel better is new shoes, more chocolate or a bubble bath...
You and I are smart enough to know that sometimes there are no quick fixes, and things like this just happen...
I'm here for you, if ever, whenever, and however you need me to be.


I guess everyone thinks I am fine. Or maybe they have forgotten my loss, they don't live with it daily as I do. Having someone remember that my husband died and know that it hurt to see roses being delivered to the other wives at work and to actually speak of it; did my heart good.

4 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

God bless you Mrs. P! He will always love you. He does not send you flowers on Valentine's Day, but he does make the flowers grow in your garden, and the birds sing for you.

 
At 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are so lonesome. I know only the Lord and time will help ease your pain. God bless you Mrs. P and the work you do with the little children. They are such a blessing to us all.

 
At 1:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. P, the B100 miss you and hope you are OK. Please drop by our new blogs and let us know how you are.

 
At 6:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. P, WE know you are not fine and that you are hurting bad. We are sorry and can only ask the Lord to help you. The great physician.

God bless you Mrs. P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home