He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, February 19, 2007

I was getting kinda settled with my emotions and surroundings; kinda believing I could live this life, when the devil causes me to stumble again. I was feeling confident that things were working out and falling into place. I was at peace until friday evening. I came home from work and found that my house had been broken into. Nothing was taken, which is puzzling, but the person had pawed through my belongings. Not that I wanted them to take anything. The idea that they took the time to break a window and the back door, and hang around to go through my cabinets and drawers, and then not take the dvd player or tv or computer or cd player or guns for their trouble is a mystery to me. Now I have trouble sleeping at night because I am so scared.

The policeman that came to the house said that he didn't think the criminals actually came into the house because of the fact that nothing was missing. Like I always leave drawers partially open with stuff sticking out of them.

I am rethinking about living here by myself. But nowhere is totally safe. My sister wants me to get a pistol and sleep with it under my pillow. That I do not want to do. So she suggested I set up booby traps like the little boy did in the movie, "Home Alone". I told her I would probably have a heart attack if I heard someone in the house. Just knowing that someone was in the house when I wasn't here caused my heart to skip beats.

4 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Mrs. P! I hope you can find a solution to the problem.

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Do you live close enough to neighbors that they would hear a burglar alarm? If so, then maybe something like Laser Shield that you can set up yourself (I'm sure there are others -- check Radio Shack) might be a good investment. If no neighbors are near, then your alarm would need a monitoring service, which adds to cost.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

How about a roommate? Maybe another widow or a cousin or aunt?

If you do decide to get a pistol, be sure you take lessons. They're no good if you don't know how to shoot them.

 
At 5:00 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

How about getting a nice big watch dog? Good exercise walking it, and protection for your home.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home