He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I don't know what to say about the heartache that I am facing now. It is the one of the things a mother prays she never will have to go through. My youngest son is in jail and in all probabilities will serve time in prison. He was arrested on drug charges and I won't go into detail; it is heartbreaking and embarrassing just saying that he is in jail.

I tried to get him out with a property bond; unfortunately my property isn't valuable enough and also they told me I haven't went through succession to put the property in my name only. Another detail that I haven't had done. Running around trying to get a handle on this mess, is what I have been doing during my three day weekend.

I haven't forgotten to praise God for the Resurrection of Christ. He is upper most in my mind and heart. I don't understand why I have to have so much pain in my life. I love the Lord and I know it is not for me to understand; to just believe, but it is so hard.

***************************************************************

Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
St. John 20:19



****************************************************************

He Lives


I serve a risen Saviour,
He's in the world today;
I know that He is living,
Whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy,
I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him
He's always near.

In all the world around me
I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows weary
I never will despair;
I know that He is leading
Thro' all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,
Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahs
To Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him,
The help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

Chorus:

He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives
today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives:
He lives within my heart.

Alfred H. Ackley

3 Comments:

At 6:35 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P,

I just read something last night by another mother who asked, "WHY?"
* * * *
C K Davis
Posted: March 06, 2007 10:43 PM
Nine years ago, when confronted with the shocking news of my 20-year-old daughter being killed in a car wreck, I cried out to the Lord. Why? was all I could ask. I heard His voice then, and it was enough to help me thru it. "My Child was killed, too. I know how it feels." His grace was and is suf- ficient. Blessed be the Name.

Source
* * * *

The Father also knows what it is like to have a child arrested.

 
At 7:36 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Mrs. P.

I know that it probably does not seem like it right now, but the Lord IS with you. I will continue to pray for you.

 
At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs.P, I know what you are going through at this time. Please do not think that you are alone, and do not be embarissed or ashamed.

If the truth be know, almost everyone has had at least one member, someplace in their family, with the same problem. It is truly devastating

It seems Satan has gotten a good foothold into the now generation. All by dugs and alcohol. Keep the faith and the Lord will see you through this. Do not put your house up for bond. Perhaps a short jain stay might shock the young man into reality.

We will pray for you and for the son. God bless you both. A person that has walked in your shoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home