He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, May 21, 2007

Another weekend has ended; I have gotten to the point that I get excited about those two, not long enough, days. I don't really do anything and I think that is what I enjoy so much. No crying babies, no messy hineys to change, no runny noses to wipe and not watching a clock to see how much longer I have to work. The quietness of saturday and sunday is awesome. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, I love my babies; I have to have a break to build of my inner strength.

I do grow to love the children I care for and it is hard when they are promoted to the next room. When the last group I took care of was promoted, two of children's parents went to the director to ask that their children be held back so they could stay with me. Of course that couldn't be allowed because the children were walking and had to go to the toddler room. This past week when I told three of the parents that their child would be promoted to the toddler room in two weeks, they asked me if I could move to the toddler room with the children. I had to tell them that I don't decide which class I work, the director assigned me the creeper room when I was hired two years ago. I feel honored that the parents trust me with the responsibility of caring for their children.

Five months have passed since K's passing. I feel like the dark cloud is slowly moving from over me and the sun is touching my face once again. I find myself singing at odd moments, like I used to do and realize that I haven't done that in a while.

1 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Good for you Mrs. P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home