He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I am really liking my long weekend. I had saturday to re-energize and two more days to do something. I wish I did not have to work so many hours. But I shouldn't complain; at least I do have a job and it pays the bills. Thank you God.

I have been upset and blue today because I neglected the rose bushes K planted for me in remembrance of him and they have died. It hurts my heart that I let this happen. I have never had what my granny called a green thumb; inside and outside plants do not live long, while in my care. I do know I could have taken better care of the rose bushes than I did; knowing that when he gave me and then planted the rose bushes he said that this was the last thing that he would be able to do for me.

I have been having trouble going to bed on weekends; I am afraid at night by myself. I seem to hear all kinds of noises and I do not rest well. I am assuming I always look tired because co-workers mention how bad I look all the time. It is strange; I can go to bed during the week; even if I don't sleep well. On friday and saturday night, I am restless or edgy or something. I can not fall asleep till after midnight. Even if I take something to help me sleep.

I am thinking about selling the house. I am considering borrowing the money to make repairs and pay off the loan when I sell the house. The house is in bad need of major repairs. We lived in like it is; but I do not believe anyone would consider buying it like it is. If I sold the property I would probably get only what the land is worth and nothing for the house. I did also think of fixing it up and renting it out and letting the rent pay for the loan. I would then eventually have extra income. Where I would live with the house gone is another big question. Even if I wanted to ask someone to come and live with me, I would have to have the repairs done. But I don't think I could share living space with just anyone.

I have not taken the property through succession yet, so I can't do anything with it right now. I am going to start that process on my next week day off.

****************************************

O thou afflicted, tossed with tempest, and not comforted, behold, I will lay thy stones with fair colours, and lay thy foundations with sapphires. And I will make thy windows of agates, and thy gates of carbuncles, and all thy borders of pleasant stones. And all thy children shall be taught of the Lord; and great shall be the peace of thy children. In righteousness shalt thou be established: thou shalt be far from oppression; for thou shalt not fear: and from terror; for it shall not come near thee.
Isaiah 54:11-14

3 Comments:

At 8:31 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, this advice on selling your home is free and worth the price.

First check the local papers for a couple of weeks and look around your neighborhood to get an idea of who the "best" agents are in your area. You want one who knows your area best and has contacts.

Second, interview at least 3 of the agents you identified. Tell them you are thinking of selling in a couple months (or whenever). Ask them what they will do for you, what the house might reasonably sell for, and what you need to do to fix it up for sale. They will not tell you everything until you sign a contract, but you should get enough from each to have an idea of what needs to be done. Find out if they have in their files phone #s of good repairmen.

Third, when you find one who's story sounds most compatible to what you want to do, sign up for a future date and spend the time between now and then fixing what they said is essential to fix. Some fixes they may say not to do because new owner would prefer to do things in their own style. Mostly you need to fix broken stuff -- leaky sinks, etc. -- and paint. We even had bathroom cabinet doors painted in glossy white paint to cover up a dated style and make them look like the latest in the mags.

Fourth, they may tell you this, but if you can get rid of stuff before selling, it makes your house look more spacious. Un-stuff the closets; people think, "wow, I can live her 20 years and never fill all the closets and cabinets!" Also remove things that are too personal -- like lots of photos -- so buyers can imagine their own families in the rooms.

Best of luck. The B100 are rooting for you.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Admin said...

I just came across your blog as I updated mine and saw it listed. I am a Certified Life Purpose Coach and my blog is www.MinistryToWomenLifePurposeCoaching.Blogspot.com

With a death of a close relative you have encountered severe stress. I'm not sure you should make any decisions of the magnitude as in selling a home until at least a year has passed. Nothing done in haste. Of course, financial issues do need to be considered, however.

As for your roses, roses are very very hard to maintain at first. Don't beat yourself up. Don't let the enemy plague you with guilt either. Trust in God.

 
At 11:00 PM, Blogger Admin said...

With regard to your fear, what are you afraid of?

Courage is a gift from God. While the Bible is full of urgings to "fear not" Jesus doesn't expect we will be supernaturally fearless. He does, however, urge us to do like Peter and keep our eyes on him. You will notice in the story of Peter walking on the water that it was Jesus that reached his hand out to Peter, not the other way around. When you abide with Jesus, he will reach his hand toward you when you need it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home