He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, July 20, 2007

Another weekend is here and I am so glad.

Last Friday I saw my primary doctor. She told me all my blood work that was done in April came back normal. Then I showed her my discharge paper from when I went to the emergency room. My cold had come back and my throat was sore again so I wanted to get a prescription for some medicine while I was at the doctor's office. She listened to my lungs and said they were clear. She says she believes I have an allergy problem and tells me to take over the counter claritin. Then she writes me a prescription for a nasal spray to use every morning. I am hoping this works because I have had what I have been calling a cold for months.

My throat is still very sore. I have been gargling with a perioxide/water mix but so far no improvement. I don't understand why she didn't notice any thing wrong when she looked at it.

My latest difficulty is upon me. I was told that I would be getting my own class room at the day care in August. Finally I would be working 7 to 3, five days a week. Yesterday at work my supervisor came and told me she wanted to make me an offer. I had no idea what to expect; I thought she was going to try to sell me something. Basically, that is what she tried to do. She wants me to keep working 8 to 6 but just four days a week and take either friday or monday off. Now, the bonus, if I accept her offer; I will finally get full time benefits. Since January, I have been working over 40 hours a week without benefits because I am considered a part time employee. I was told I couldn't get benefits until I get a class room. Suddenly, I am being told I can get all the benefits if I keep working a split shift and that they will go all the way back to January to figure my sick days and vacation days. So I am beginning to smell a rotten apple in my place of employment. I have a suspicion that they want to give the class room to another part time employee. She has went to the supervisor and said that she is going to quit if she doesn't get her own class room. The room I was told I would get is the only room available. Something is definitely fixing to happen.

I told my supervisor I want to work 7 to 3; I am tired. She said she understands but I don't feel confident. I have seen what can happen if the bosses want to give your job to someone else; they find ways to terminate you. Normally, I would continue to work my long hours. But when I think that they want to put a teenager in the class room and leave me working split shifts and I have been there for two years, waiting for the next available full time position; she has been working a little over a year. I want to give my two week notice. I have been praying for guidance.

I am wondering once more if my life is ever going to get restful before it comes to an end.

2 Comments:

At 6:52 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I will pray you get the job you want.

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Please let us know what is happening with the job situation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home