He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, September 16, 2007

Another weekend gone by. I sure do look forward to them; probably way too much. Tomorrow I will be working in the infant room. The regular care giver is on vacation and the supervisor pulled me from my room to work in her place. I will enjoy the babies for one day but will be glad to get back to my 3 and 4 year olds.

The weather has been great this week. We have had cool mornings, averaging in the upper sixties, and tomorrow morning it is suppose to be in the upper fifties. I was feeling a little blue because this was K's favorite time of the year. He would always wake up and be extra joyful on the first cool morning in september and start planning that first hunt of the season. When I went to walmart, I saw the other hunter's in the sporting goods department looking at the camouflage display. I started missing K all over again. I know this will happen from time to time.

August 31st would have been our 33rd anniversary. That was a hard day for me but I made it through it by talking to K off and on during the day. I looked through the cards I had saved over the years and listened to a message I had saved from our answering machine.

The love bugs are in full swing. It is that time of the year again. All ready I am finding them in the house and crawling on me giving me hollering fits until I discover it is just a love bug and not some other creepy crawly.

There have been more break in's on my road. One woman was asleep in her bed when her home was broken into. A neighbor heard her screaming and went to check on her and got a glimpse of two guy's running away. The woman did not see who it was. Her husband was gone in the car and I guess they thought no one was at home. Hopefully, they will not come here as long as the car is in the driveway. And I pray they are not into violence and are just wanting to steal.

At the store yesterday and bought some stew meat. All week I kept thinking about beef stew with carrots, potatoes, and onions. I looked at the canned and frozen varieties that would be much more inexpensive but decided to start from scratch and make a pot full and if there is an extra large about of leftovers, I'll freeze my own stew. But I don't think there will be any left after eating stew for a couple of nights. hahaha


One of my co-workers brought some stuffed pepper soup to work to share with us and it was amazingly good. I had my doubts about it but it smelt so good I tried it. I like stuffed bell peppers; but I thought the soup was even better. She brought copies of the recipe and I will make it one weekend.

************************************

God is our refuge and strength, a tested help in times of trougle. And so we need not fear even if the world blows up, and the mountains crumble into the sea.
Psalm 46:1-2
(TLB)

2 Comments:

At 5:58 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

You are doing great Mrs. P!

 
At 7:51 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Will you share the pepper soup recipe with us, please???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home