He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Another week gone by, another part of my life, my existence, gone with the passing of time.

I did not find out much from the doctor, wednesday. She come into the examining room and asks me what can she do for me. I have always assumed when you go to the doctor you are suppose to be examined, checked over, looked at. At charity you are lucky just to get an appointment. And basically the only other thing you get are prescriptions. I go every three months just to get prescriptions; they do not do anything else. I proceeded to tell the doctor that I had been sick and had went to a walk in clinic instead of the emergency room at the charity hospital may 20th. I told her I was diagnosed with laryngitis and had received a cortisone shot and that my throat was still bothering me and I still have a cough. I asked her about viral infections and what can I do to keep from getting them so often. She said there are numerous viral infections. That I am probably getting different ones. Basically, I need to keep washing my hands which I do and I use a disinfecting gel when I can't get to a sink to use soap and water.

The doctor suggests changing my blood pressure medicine. She thinks that will help with my coughing. I don't want to because my blood pressure is the lowest it has been in years. Why mess with a good thing? The side affect of ace-inhibitors is a dry cough. I do not have a dry cough; I cough up phlegm with each cough. I told her this. It is so frustrating.

The other thing I have to do is straighten out a mistake at the charity hospital. I was turned down for free medical care. There is a glitch is the system. I had to take off from work to go to the social security office and get a letter saying I am who I say I am. Then I have to take more time off from work to go back to charity to give them the letter so I can qualify for free medical care. My social security card has my middle initial as L, the first letter of my middle name. My driver's license has the middle initial W that is the first letter of my maiden name. I have been going to charity hospital for eight years and this has never been questioned.

Work was a little better this week. I did not have more than ten children the whole week. One is out because she had her tonsils removed, a couple were out on vacation. I guess a few others stayed home with grandparents. Two days I actually had only six children. We are getting used to each other and they are beginning to learn my rules and what I expect from them.

*****************************************

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.
Psalm 1:1-4

1 Comments:

At 4:37 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am sorry for your troubles!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home