He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I went to sleep in the chair around four, thursday and friday. This group of kids are wearing me out and I have not had all fourteen at one time yet. It is emotional and physical stress. If they don't do what I want them to do, I feel I am doing something wrong. My brain is telling me I am not, it is the children. I can't accept that; I still feel like I should be doing something different. I don't like to be continually correcting them.

I started taking the new prescription for my blood pressure. It is not really a new prescription, the other prescription was for two medicines in one tablet. This prescription is for just one of the medicines. I have actually stopped coughing. I don't know if it is a coincidence and the viral infection run its course. I have coughed a few times but I actually felt that tickling feeling at the back of my throat that I relate to having to cough. It is not a constant cough like I have had for years. The only problem is my blood pressure is back up. So the doctor is going to have to make some decisions.

***********************************************

I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works. I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
Psalm 9:1-2

2 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, you should look up your medicines on a reliable website, such as Medline. I have heard that coughing is a side effect of some BP medicines.

As for correcting the children, you might try telling the children what to do, not what NOT to do.

For example, if they are screaming, you say "use your inside voice." If they are throwing sand, you say "sand stays in the sandbox." If they hit, maybe something like "we keep our hands to ourselves."

It takes some work to find positive things to focus on. But a child expert told me that when you say "don't throw sand" or "no hitting" all the kids hear is "throw sand" and "hitting." Therefore, you don't want to use negatives that the kids will not hear.

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I had the same type problem with my BP med. They just have to keep trying until they find the right one. It may be that you need two or three. I am taking 3 now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home