He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, June 30, 2008

Thursday and Friday of last week I worked in the creeper room. Thursday I had three babies and Friday I had four. It was a nice change from my room.

This week my classroom is going to the movies. I swapped rooms with the coworker who has been going on my field trips for me. She is younger and more energetic than me. I don't know what would be a good word to describe the children in my class room. I just know I don't want the responsibility of taking them out in public.

Out of my last group of three and fours I had five that I had to constantly remind what they were suppose to be doing. This group I have now, you have to keep your eyes and ears on all of them all the time. Not just some of them, the whole class.

Last week two of my girls got into a hair pulling, slapping fight. I have another little girl that likes to leave deep scratch marks on whoever she gets mad at. One of my boys likes to strangle the other kids. I have two that are screamers. When things are not going their way, they scream very loudly. I have a four year old who still falls out on the floor with temper tantrums. I am allowed to send home a form entitled, "opportunity for improvement" but so far they don't seem to be helping.

It has been four weeks and I have learnt a little about each child. Now I need to find a way to have a peaceful classroom. I went to the library and found a book about caring for preschool children in a classroom setting. It is very interesting and helpful.

I want to change jobs but now is not a good time. There are a lot of businesses laying people off. I need to be more thankful that I have employment.

**********************************

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation. Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray. My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Psalm 5:1-3

2 Comments:

At 4:43 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I will pray for you at church today.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Wow! What a wild group of toddlers!

Are you allowed to put socks on the hands of the scratcher? A large adult tube sock might help.

Hope the book has some good ideas for the other problems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home