He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Where has the year gone so fast. I can't believe next weekend is christmas. I still have two gifts to buy. I am never ready. Always running around on christmas eve. I haven't decided on what to give mom and dad. Every time I came up with an idea, the next time I visited I would find out they bought it for themselves.

I am mostly well. I still get coughing spells occasionally. My kids at daycare are coughing and have runny noses so I figure before winter is over I will probably be sick again. I wash my hands and take vitamins, doing what I can to stay healthy.

In answer to grannybird's question, mom and dad live in a nice neighborhood. We don't know why they have been singled out. Last week their mailbox was knocked off the post again. The policeman who came out made the comment that he had replaced his fourteen times. I don't think he realized the comment did not bring comfort to my mom. It made her feel worse to think they were going to have to keep fixing the mailbox.

Mom's last blood test showed her blood sugar levels were up. We are working up new menus to help watch sugar. She doesn't eat much so we couldn't figure where the carbs were coming from. Her only treat was coffee with sugar and coffemate. She seems to think that caused the change in her blood work so decided she needed to stop drinking her coffee. I am trying to convince her to keep the one thing she enjoyed and we can make a few changes like adding real cream instead of the coffeemate which is made from corn syrup. She is doing real good with her renal insufficiency diet. Now she has to monitor sugar.

*************************

How amiable are thy tabernacles, O Lord of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the Lord: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O Lord of hosts, my King, and my God. Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

Psalm 84:1-4

1 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am sorry you always have so many problems! I hope you don't get sick.

Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home