He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

There is so much happening that I am stumbling with anxiety. The lexapro is keeping me sane but my mind is whirling like a top. I am frantic because I feel that everyone is expecting me to behave a certain way; and I don't want to perform like a trained monkey. I want to scream at the top of my lungs to leave me the hell alone. And that scares me because I don't act that way. But maybe that is the real me. I don't know any more.

My aunt fell and factured her hip and had to have a hip replacement. My mom is taking care of my granny. That means my dad is driving alone. That means I will be needed to help mom and dad. But I don't want to be needed right now. I don't want to do anything right now. I want to say no but I feel wrong when I say no and I feel wronged when I say yes.

When I came home from the doctor yesterday I wanted to dig a hole and crawl into it. I didn't want to come home. I wanted to drive to the end of the earth and fall off. I am tired of being tired. I am tired of being sick. I am tired of having to participate when I don't want to participate.

In January, all my blood work came back normal. This time I was told I am hypocalcemia. This we all kind of diagnosed ourselves. I was told to go back to 3000 mg. of calcium using tums, a calcium supplement like oscal and a multivitamin that includes calcium. I was told my glucose level is high. I could be diabetic or something may be wrong with my pancreas. I was told that I am menopausal and I must decide if I want to start estrogen therapy. The doctor told me about all the risks involved. Now, do I really want to add more health problems to what I am trying to deal with all ready?

What could have caused this drastic change in three months? May 9th, I go for more blood work. The doctor wants further testing for my glucose level and my calcium level.

I am happy to report that I have lost eight pounds. This success comes from consuming very few calories because I don't have an appetite and I am not eating very much. Could this possibly be why my glucose level is elevated?

I am trying to maintain a steady routine at the house. The psychologist told me to force myself to do more than sit. Like I said, the activities I enjoy doing involve sitting. I still do my walking and I am up to six minutes of jogging.

***********************************************************************************

Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire wanting nothing. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed. James 1: 3-6

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you walking and jogging! I hope when you get more calcium in you that you will start to feel better!

 
At 7:24 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Estrogen therapy? Why would you take that? I think the current recommendations is to take it only if you can't stand menopausal symptoms and don't have an alternative. Usually they just try to relieve the particular sypmtom that bothers you.

If you didn't have other problems that could explain your symptoms (mainly THYROID), then estrogen might sound good for helping. But until your thyroid and calcium is stable, how in the world would the doc ever get your estrogen levels adjusted correctly?

Now, I'm not a doctor and not even all that knowledgable, but personally I think something as natural as menopause doesn't need to be treated / postponed. That's just me. My plan is to deal with the individual symptoms. So far, that includes going to a dermatologist, taking calcium for the old bones, and changing PJs some nights. :-)

 
At 6:25 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Six minutes of jogging is great! I was so inspired, I added a short bit of jogging to my walk yesterday. Alas, I don't think my knee is up to it! I'm going to have to stick with walking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home