He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, August 13, 2005

I have chosen a new template. It shows only a little of my personality. I wish I had the smarts to start with a blank page and do my own design and portray myself with html. I have tried over the years without success; I can't get a grasp on how to do it. I may try playing around with this one; but I still notice I have a lack of interest in the things I at one time enjoyed doing.

I have quit the grass cutting; not because I can't do it, but the heavy sweating was a bit more than I could stand. I will be glad to get back to it when the temperature and heat index gets lower. The body drenching sweating just took everything out of me. If I cut the grass in the mornings, I was too tired when I went to work. If I waited to cut the grass when I came home from work in the evenings, I was exhausted and shaky after the lawn mowing that all I was able to do was shower and go straight to bed. So I have chosen to leave the push mower alone till cooler temperatures and mowing grass is just another walk around the yard. I say NO to sweating. I sweat enough in a air conditioned building with these sporadic hot flashes, to want to add to it by going outside and working. I feel for all the people that have to labor outside in these high heat indexes.

This week of caring for babies included getting a lap full of vomit, getting wee-weed on twice and having to constantly wipe five noses. But the occasional chuckle, the smiles and the hugs of trusting babies make it all worth while. One thing I miss is being able to get down on the floor with the babies. Once upon a time, not too a long time ago, I was able to get up and down with the youngest of the young. Now I have become a member of the "I've fallen and I can't get up" club. Who would have thunk it, not me. Yep, I might get down there, not too gracefully; can't get up without help though. I just ohhh and ahhh over older women that are still able to do them deep knee bends and squats. I surely do miss being able to do even a half way squat.

Working in the kitchen at the daycare has proven to be a greater challenge. Even with my note pad and writing everything down, I find myself forgetting and loosing track of the many different things I have to do. I have to keep going over my notes a hundred times and still I can't retain it to memory from one minute to the next. Being reminded by my co-workers not to worry about it, you are doing a terrific job, you will get the hang of it, doesn't alleviate the worry that my mind will never get back to what I consider normal for me.

1 Comments:

At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are doing great Mrs. P!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home